Details on the handling of personal information by Toppan Printing
1. Compliance with laws and social order
In cases where Toppan Printing receives personal information from customers and carries out information processing and other services, and cases where Toppan Printing itself obtains personal information, the Company complies with related laws, regulations and other rules.
2. Safe management of personal information
Toppan Printing strictly manages and protects personal information that it obtains itself or handles in the performance of services on behalf of customers. In order to protect personal information from risks including unized access, loss, destruction, falsification and leakage, Toppan Printing implements reasonable safety measures based on in-company rules, and in the case of a problem occurring will respond promptly and appropriately.
3. The purpose of use of personal information
In cases where Toppan Printing is entrusted by customers with services for the handling of personal information, or obtains personal information itself, it will be used for the following purposes. In cases where it becomes necessary to use information for purposes other than those listed below, the person or persons concerned will be notified by written document, electronic mail, fax or other means and consent will be obtained.
When personal information is entrusted to Toppan Printing by customers
- (1) For the printing of names and addresses for direct mail.
- (2) For the enclosing of contents containing personal information and their dispatch to private households.
- (3) For the provision of administrative processing services related to the customers of clients.
- (4) For services in which the customers of clients are contacted (campaign back offices, call centers, etc.).
- (5) For data entry that includes personal information.
- (6) For the processing, aggregation, and analysis of data containing personal information.
- (7) For processes such as the printing and binding of printed matter containing personal information.
- (8) For the issuance of cards.
- (9) For services related to 比特币官网交易平台homepage operation and member administration.
When Toppan obtains personal information itself
- (1) In order to respond to inquiries regarding Toppan Printing’s business.
- (2) In order to dispatch materials requested concerning Toppan Printing’s business.
- (3) In order for Toppan Printing to dispatch items such as prizes to customers who have been selected in prize promotions and campaigns.
- (4) In order to carry out surveys by Toppan Printing and reflect the results in Toppan Printing services.
- (5) In order to provide guidance and supporting information for Toppan Printing’s services.
- (6) In order to confirm payment method or payment status for the person concerned in relation to the use of paid-for services operated by Toppan Printing.
In cases where Toppan Printing itself obtains personal information, if the purpose of use of the personal information handled is to be changed, it will be changed within a scope that can be reasonably acknowledged to be adequately relevant to the purpose of use before the change, and the person or persons concerned will be notified of the change in the purpose of use and their consent obtained.
4. Provision of personal information to third parties
Except in the following cases (1) to (7), as a principle, Toppan Printing does not provide customers’ personal information to third parties. In cases other than these, if it becomes necessary to provide personal information to third parties, the person or persons concerned will be notified by written document, electronic mail, fax or other means and consent will be obtained.
- (1) When necessary information is provided to a related operational partner in order to respond to an inquiry from the person concerned.
- (2) When necessary information is provided to a related operational partner in order to dispatch materials requested by the person concerned.
- (3) When necessary information is provided to the provider of a present in order to send prizes or presents for prize and other promotions.
- (4) When necessary information is provided to a related operational partner in order to provide information such as guidance and support information for services.
- (5) When a referral is made to a related organization in order for Toppan Printing to confirm payment method or payment status for the person concerned in relation to the use of paid-for services operated by Toppan Printing.
- (6) When an official referral is received and disclosure is required based on the law from an official body such as court or the police and the Company responds appropriately.
- (7) When a referral must be made to a related organization in order to protect the life, person, property or other assets of the person concerned or another person or other persons.
5. The consignment of personal information
Within the scope necessary for achieving the purpose of use, there are cases where the processing of personal information is consigned to an operational partner with a contractual relationship. There are also cases where, within the scope necessary for achieving the purpose of use, customers’ personal information is consigned to external contractors, such as delivery companies that dispatch prizes or presents for prize and other promotions.
6. Acquisition of personal data via methods that are not obvious to the individual concerned
Records of access to the Toppan Printing Co., Ltd. website (Toppan website) at / are analyzed using Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc., to improve services offered by Toppan Printing. Records of access analyzed using Google Analytics contain numbers assigned to access times, access times, pages accessed, and numbers assigned to inquiries, but do not contain any information that could enable the identification of an individual, such as name or IP address.
Cookies are used to collect information on browsing of the website, but users can prevent the collection of this information by disabling Cookies.
7. Scope of application
These principles are applied to Toppan Printing’s operations handling personal information. They are not applicable to operations handling personal information other than those of Toppan Printing (the websites of other parties for which there are links on the Toppan Printing website, etc.)
8. Response to the disclosure, amendment, cessation of use, etc. of personal information from customers that is subject to disclosure.
With regards to personal information obtained by Toppan Printing itself (personal information subject to disclosure), when an inquiry is received from the person concerned regarding notification of the purpose of use; disclosure; amendment, addition or deletion of content; cessation of use; deletion; or cessation of provision to third parties (hereafter “disclosure etc.”) of his or her personal information, Toppan Printing will respect the wishes of the person concerned and handle the matter appropriately and without delay. (Please note that with regard to Toppan Printing services for which personal information is essential, there may be situations where the amendment, updating or deletion of personal information results in it no longer being possible to use part or all of such a service.)
For the point of contact regarding disclosure etc. please see the address for inquiries given below.
Information Security Division
Toppan Printing is a company subject to the following accredited personal information protection body. Please direct complaints regarding the handling of personal information to the following address and telephone number.
Japan Institute for Promotion of Digital Economy and Community
Address: Roppongi First Building, 1-9-9 Roppongi, Minato Ward, Tokyo 106-0032
Updated: November 15, 2018